Sunday, December 27, 2020

2020 Norman Borlaug Lifetime Achievement Award


     I am not one to "toot my own horn" but I am pretty proud of this award!  I have been involved with the Texas Plant Protection Association for years and have attended and even spoke at many past conferences.  The TPPA does a great job bringing together Educators, Researchers, and Industry into one group and the information is always outstanding.  

    Now for the other side.  I used to work for the Norman Borlaug Institute for International Agriculture at TAMU and have even done some consulting work on special projects for the Institute.  Working for the Borlaug Institute enabled me to know more about Dr. Borlaug, his work and his legacy.  I even had an opportunity to work with his granddaughter, Julie Borlaug, which was a huge honor.  The Borlaug Institute does work all over the world extending Dr. Borlaug's wonderful legacy.

    So, the combination of an award with Dr. Borlaug's name attached, given from an organization that has meant a lot to me over several decades, and I am more than humbled!  A big thanks to Ray Smith, TPPA Board Chairman and long time friend and coworker for his mentorship and encouragement - it has meant a lot.   Click here to read the Farm Progress article.   BW

No comments:

Post a Comment